[OpenAFS] /etc/pam.d/login

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:25:06 EST

Hello,

I am trying to install OpenAFS 1.2.13 from scratch on a linux server (RHEL3).

When I install the client rpm (openafs-client-1.2.13-rhel3.0.1.i386.rpm) part
of ther messages I see are like :

*****
Also, you may want to edit /etc/pam.d/login and
possibly others there to get an AFS token on login.
Put the line:

auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root

before the one for pwdb.
*****

but ...  there's no line in the '/etc/pam.d/login' file that has 'pwdb' in it.

here's what is in my /etc/pam.d/login :
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     pam_console.so

should this file be different ?

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |