[OpenAFS] /etc/pam.d/login

Norman P. B. Joseph joseph@ctc.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:34:46 -0500

I found it useful to put the AFS PAM entry into /etc/pam.d/system-auth,
which, in Red Hat's PAM scheme, is included in just about every other
PAM configuration file.  (The system-auth PAM file is generated by one
of the Red Hat GUI admin tools, which doesn't know about AFS
authentication, so if you use those you'll have to be careful about
overwriting your changes.)

The only other AFS PAM entry I use in /etc/pam.d is in the xscreensaver
configuration file, because that entry uses slightly different options.

These configurations work for me:

***** /etc/pam.d/system-auth *****
#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so

password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5 shadow nis
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
**********

***** /etc/pam.d/xscreensaver *****
#%PAM-1.0

# Red Hat says this is right for them, as of 7.3:
#auth       required    pam_stack.so service=system-auth
# imported from system-auth
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_afs.so use_first_pass ignore_root refresh_token debug
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

# This is what we were using before:
# auth       required   pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok

-norm