[OpenAFS] how do clients determine server IP addresses?

Paul Lussier pll@permabit.com
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:06:39 -0400

In a message dated: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:12:29 +0200
Horst Birthelmer said:

>What is inside and what outside??

Inside:  10.1.0.31
Outside: 67.107.99.101

>If you have more than on AFS server behind that firewall how would you
>like to communicate with that servers??

I have 2 file server, but only one is of concern right now (the other
has nothing on it afaik).

>If there was, how should that solve your problem??

I'm not proposing it would, but it would provide me with more of an
understanding of how AFS works.  It would also indicate to me that
where the client is getting the internal IP address; it's
coming from either AFS, DNS, or some other magic.  Knowing where it's
coming from would help me know what needs to be tweaked to get things
to work correctly.

>Can you be a little more specific on who's querying what??

There's a client on the internet somewhere outside my firewall trying
to gain access to my AFS space.  When it tries to connect, this
client gets a timeout error stating it lost the connection to
10.1.0.31.  This despite the fact that the local CellServDB file on
this client lists only 67.107.99.101.
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE