[OpenAFS] why did I have to "vos create" twice on new cell setup? root.afs vs root.cell?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:33:23 -0500

Yes, these two ARE "magic" volumes.   The former, root.afs, is what gets
mounted at /afs (unless you're using dynroot).  If ALL your clients
use dynroot then you don't need a root.afs.  However, you still need
a root.cell.  That's what get's mounted at /afs/<cellname>

-derek