[OpenAFS] a familiar problem compiling aklog?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:30:44 -0500

>The right thing to do, I think, would be to add an option to AFS to build
>with the system com_err library rather than its own.  That way it can
>either reuse the Kerberos com_err library or both it and Kerberos can use
>some other system library (like the one from e2fsprogs that most Linux
>distributions use).

If that were to happen, that would be fine with me.  I was under the
impression that AFS's com_err was slightly special regarding thread
safety (witness the whole add_err_table()/add_to_error_table() mess
that aklog has to deal with).

--Ken