[OpenAFS] Failover

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 07:43:16 -0500

AFS does not provide a method for failover, in the strictest meaning of
the word.  A replicated volume residing on a different file server than
the original volume, would be the closest to what I think you mean.
Although replicating every volume in a cell is not recommended.  So I
doubt that will work as a total failover method.

If a file server dies the only way I am aware of restoring it is to
rebuild it from backups stored on tape, or disk, or from a dump file.