[OpenAFS] removing IP addresses
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:37:37 +1000
How do I remove IP addresses from the output of "vos listaddrs"?
I setup my server when I was still learning AFS, and wasn't aware of the
NetInfo file at the time.
I have tried:
* Changing NetInfo and restarting, but it doesn't help.
* vos changeaddr $addr -remove -localauth -verbose
but it complains it is in use by the vldb.
* Delete the sysid file and restart the server. As per:
* Dodgy instructions in
Obviously these are wrong for various reasons, but what is the correct
I haven't tried:
* removing the other interfaces, because they are used by other
* Move all volumes to somewhere else (would another partition be
sufficient?), delete the addresses, and then move then back again
(would this help?). This seems excessive.
The problem is some of these addresses are private IP addresses and
cannot be accessed from outside my private network. As such I don't want
the fileserver advertising these addresses to clients outside my
network. It causes the client to take ages to start while it tries the
internal addresses first.
It also lists every public IP address my machine has, I only want
OpenAFS on one of these IP addresses, not every one. This in turn would
allow tighter firewall controls.
Brian May <email@example.com>