[OpenAFS] removing IP addresses

Lester Barrows barrows@email.arc.nasa.gov
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:21:05 -0700

Hi Brian,

We have a similar configuration at our AFS cell. What we've done is set up
separate CellServDB files for clients on the non-routable network which point
to the non-routable volserver IP. We also added several "fs setserverprefs"
lines to the init scripts (at the end of the start() method) to cause the
clients to prefer the volume locators and file servers we want them to talk
to. It's a bit of a kludge, but none of the other methods we've found have
worked to any degree of satisfaction.

Regards,
Lester