[OpenAFS] another problem with vos release

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:48:04 -0400

>    RWrite: 536871953
>    number of sites -> 2
>       server leda partition /vicepa RW Site  -- New release -- Old release
>       server atlas.cg.cs.tu-bs.de partition /vicepb RO Site  -- Old release --
>Old release

I couldn't help noticing that you don't have a RO volume on the same machine
as the RW copy.

This once happened to us here on one volume (don't ask; someone here
INSISTED that it didn't cause any problems).  I noticed "weird"
behavior during vos releases.  I can't quantify "weird" anymore than
that; it was strange and it was a while ago, and I pestered people
until it had a RO on the same machine as the RW copy, and the weirdness
went away.  I could easily believe that not having a RO copy on the
same machine as the RW copy would be a corner case that isn't tested
that much, and maybe it would be worth putting one there just to see if
it solves some of your problems.

--Ken