[OpenAFS] FSFS Subversion repository on OpenAFS 1.3.84 problems

Blake Atkins Blake.Atkins@scholarone.com
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:34:41 -0400

Hello,

	We are running a SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 AFS fileserver with several
Windows XP and Linux clients.  Both the OpenAFS server and clients are all
version 1.3.84 and authentication is handled by KerberosV.  We have a
Subversion repository that is being served via OpenAFS and it is problematic.
OpenAFS on the linux workstations usually requires a restart to see some or
all changes to the repository made by other workstations.  OpenAFS on the
Windows XP clients occasionally requires a restart due to an inability to
access some files within the repository; access fails with an error message:
"The system cannot find message text for message number.....".

	Though I have not been able to locate it, I recall reading a post to this
list about a similar problem with CVS + AFS.  I believe the solution was a
patch to the client source.  I'm about to try downgrading the server and
clients to 1.2.13.  Is anyone else using either 1.2.X or 1.3.X OpenAFS with
Subversion successfully?

Thanks very much,

Blake Atkins