[OpenAFS] Questions about openafs 1.3.X

Andrew Dumaresq Andrew Dumaresq <dumaresq@gmail.com>
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:27:51 -0400

Hello,

I have gotten openafs-1.2.13 installed and working on Debian Sarge
using mit-kerberos for my tickets with afs-krb-1.3, it wasn't too hard
and that server can server and access my own AFS tree.  I have 2 other
servers that I want to setup as openafs-clients (and maybe later as
file servers as well).  Both of these servers are using Linux kernel
2.6.X as I understand it I will need to use openafs-1.3.x to do this.
So my questions are:

1)	Can I leave the Sarge machine as 1.2.13 and have the other clients
and servers at 1.3.X.  or do I need to use the same version on all
servers?
2)	How do I build 1.3.X to use mit-kerberos not kaserver?  I assume I
need to use afs-krb but does 1.3.X come with some stuff that will make
afs-krb un nessary?  I noticed that there is an aklog.c in the source
tree hence why I am asking (I couldn't figure out how to build it).
3)	What version of afs-krb should I use with 1.3.X (if I need to at
all) I only found 1.3 and 2.0 on the web, but I understand there maybe
me more version in the global /afs tree.
4)	If I do need to build afs-krb will this require rebuilding Kerberos
on these servers?  I have mit-krb5-1.3.6 on one server, not sure about
the other, but I need to do them 1 at a time anyway.
5)	At this point I have been unable to build afs-krb-2.0 I can post
the errors, but I want to clarify that I actually need to do this
before going down that route.

Well I think that's everything thanks for you time and your help.  I'm
sorry if these questions have been answered already I searched google
for a few days but found very little directly relating to openafs-1.3
using mit-krb5

--Andrew