[OpenAFS] physical location of data

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 4 May 2005 16:07:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 4 May 2005 rc647bob@netscape.net wrote:
> 3. then i physically searched (using the win2k search program) for the
> file "test-01" on the server named "added", but couldn't find it.

You just do not understand the way AFS stores data. (As so many other
people asking weired things about shares and folders.)

AFS doest not simply copy a file from a physical harddisk of one server
onto the network like HTTP, FTP, NFS or Windows-Shares.

Perhaps you should read this at first:
   http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~help/afs/index.html

I have presentation about openafs, but it's only in German.

Chris
--
Chris Huebsch    www.huebsch-gemacht.de | TU Chemmnitz, Informatik, RNVS
GPG-Encrypted mail welcome! ID:7F2B4DBA |   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204