[OpenAFS] testing out AFS client for newbies

Timothee Besset ttimo@ttimo.net
Mon, 16 May 2005 00:37:41 -0500

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

>Timothee Besset wrote:
>

>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>So .. I have installed the AFS client for windows ( XP ), as well as
>>Kerberos V .. and now I'm wondering if/how I can get a quick tour of AFS
>>functionality. That is, can I browse the global afs tree starting at
>>/afs/ and explore the readonly / public areas?
>>
>>Before I would decide to eventually setup my own cell ( and I know it's
>>going to be a lot of work ), I want to use the client and make sure
>>that's going to be the right thing for us ..
>>
>>Any help appreciated.
>>
>>TTimo
>>

>You can look through the contents of the
>
>	c:\program files\openafs\client\CellServDB
>
>file and find the list of publicly distributed cells.   You can browse
>the top levels of each cell in the Explorer browser using UNC paths
>
>	\\AFS\cellname\

Thank you!

I got more help on the IRC channel ( #openafs on freenode ) .. it looks
like there was a bug in the installer, and the loopback interface did
not get properly installed. I will report this to the -bugs list.

TTimo