[OpenAFS] Openafs+Kerberos

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
17 May 2005 14:05:28 -0400

I'm using Heimdal, but there should not be a difference.

This should not be a problem.  I use afs@RPI.EDU and it works fine.

> However, after some time, I get the message:
>
> aklog: Couldn't get example.net AFS tickets:
> aklog: Generic error (see e-text) while getting AFS tickets

Try kinit instead of aklog.

> 2- Which pam_krb5afs module should I use. I mean, when  I configure my
> Redhat linux 8.0 clients to use pam_krb5afs.so I cannot login. If I use the
> pam_krb5 module everything works well.

Oh yes, the wonderful world of PAM.  I have good luck with
pam_krb5afs.so.  I simply ran authconfig and it set up my system-auth
file for me.  I have not tried using pam_krb5.

--
veritatis simplex oratio est

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer