[OpenAFS] Re: Openafs 1.3.78 and kernel 2.4.29 oopses , same for 2.4.30 and openafs 1.3.82

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 12:12:05 -0700

Gcc -dumpmachine  #should prints out i586-suse-linux for a P III here.

I'd try a fresh single processor machine and force a 2.6 kernel, module and
afs recompile for a i586.

SuSE 9.3 costs $90 and it solved a similar problem noted in the mailings. In
fact the YasT installed openafs binaries ran fine.

The ksymoops man page has a script to tail -f /var/log/messages|ksymoops1
explained.

Are you sure there isn't a memory problem? I'm running out of ideas.
tedc