[OpenAFS] Re: Openafs 1.3.78 and kernel 2.4.29 oopses , same for 2.4.30 and openafs 1.3.82

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 20 May 2005 15:53:07 -0400

On Friday, May 20, 2005 12:12:05 PM -0700 ted creedon
<tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:

> Gcc -dumpmachine  #should prints out i586-suse-linux for a P III here.
>
> I'd try a fresh single processor machine and force a 2.6 kernel, module
> and afs recompile for a i586.
>
> SuSE 9.3 costs $90 and it solved a similar problem noted in the mailings.
> In fact the YasT installed openafs binaries ran fine.
>
> The ksymoops man page has a script to tail -f /var/log/messages|ksymoops1
> explained.
>
> Are you sure there isn't a memory problem? I'm running out of ideas.
> tedc

You're really trying too hard.  The oops in question clearly shows EIP in
osi_Panic(), which is _supposed_ to result in a crash.  So, stop trying to
analyze the mechanism by which osi_Panic forces a fault, and instead go
look at your logs and tell us what the panic string was.