[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and syscall table in Linux kernel.

Vladimir Konrad v.konrad@lse.ac.uk
Mon, 23 May 2005 16:53:27 +0100

Thank you,

> 1.2.13 needs to be able to find the syscall table. Except for certain
> redhat kernels where the hacks that are in place can find the syscall table
> even when it is not exported, it needs to be exported.
How to export the syscall table in 2.4.x vanilla (kernel.org) kernel? I
am not aware of "menuconfig" option for it... But I could be mistaken...

> Is the 2.4.24 a vendor or kernel.org kernel (I am assuming the 2.4.30 is
> kernel.org)? What messages do you see?

2.4.30 is the kernel.org download, the 2.4.24 is either the kernel.org
or Debian/Woody (I tried both, if I remember well).

The message (from afsd) is basically "Error in basic initialisation" +
something "not implemented in the server". "afsd -verbose", gives me -1
result in some system calls.

Vladimir

PS: It is not a problem at the moment but I would like to understand
this as we run couple of 1.2.x OpenAFS servers and clients... I could
find myself upgrading them to the latest 1.2.x OpenAFS servers/clients
and want to make sure that it will work. By the way, the systems are
mainly Debian/Woody + one Debian/Sarge.