[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and syscall table in Linux kernel.

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 23 May 2005 12:09:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Vladimir Konrad wrote:
> How to export the syscall table in 2.4.x vanilla (kernel.org) kernel? I
> am not aware of "menuconfig" option for it... But I could be mistaken...
It's not a configuration option
2.4 kernels from kernel.org always export the syscall table, so you
shouldn't have to. if you want to make sure, check kernel/ksyms.c for
EXPORT_SYMBOL(sys_call_table);

> The message (from afsd) is basically "Error in basic initialisation" +
> something "not implemented in the server". "afsd -verbose", gives me -1
> result in some system calls.
Are you sure that the module is loaded?
I have used 1.2.11 (identical to 1.2.13 for clients) on kernel.orf 2.4.24
with no problems. I don't run it anymore (security issues...), but I
didn't have to patch afs for it.