[OpenAFS] Current State of Web Front-Ends for AFS...

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Wed, 25 May 2005 11:43:05 -0400 (EDT)

Joshua,

I took a brief look at the source for Apache-AuthKrb5Afs on CPAN and it
looks very simple; much too simple to be aware of AFS-specific features
such as ACLs, groups, etc.

I didn't see any method of PAG implementation in the source either, but I'm
just beginning to read up on DAV, so perhaps it has some other way of
dealing with that particular problem (or I'm thinking of a problem that
wouldn't really exist).

I've also been reading a bit about CoSign,
<http://www.umich.edu/~umweb/software/cosign> or <http://www.weblogin.org>.
What I've found seem to indicate that it is what umich's mfile is built
upon, but it "only" handles the sign-on portion of the problem, not the
actual file transactions. (Can anyone from umich comment?)

Before I began reading up on DAV, I was looking at packages such as phpATM,
<http://phpatm.free.fr> and pondering the difficulty of adding AFS support.

Can anyone comment more constructively on Joshua's question: Are there any
solutions that are more complete than the piecemeal options above (for the
sysadmin with almost no time and even less money)?

Best, Stephen
--
 The difference between UNC and Duke, is that Duke is 8 miles away from
 a great university. -- Charles Kuralt