[OpenAFS] issue with outlook pst file

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Wed, 25 May 2005 18:33:04 -0700

A few years ago I attempted to store ms outlook pst files in afs. this
was a big failure. That was when we wer using transarc afs (i think)

I had gleaned from this list that there were no longer issues with
storing outlook.pst files in afs. So I began storing file their a
couple weeks ago. My pst file is about 104 mgs. There are a lot of
messages there. Today, when I attempted to open it I got an outlook
error about the pst file being unuseable.

So I ran the pstscan program on it and it identified a number of
problems with it.

So, my question is twofold.  First, is it really safe to store
outlook.pst files -- and related ms office files -- in afs using
current openafs releases?  (I just noticed that I have 1.3.73 on my
workstation but I have moved most everyone else to 1.3.82)

Second, are there any other known issues with file corruption on
the current release of openafs for windows?

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257