[OpenAFS] Tell me what additional AFS tool to release

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 24 May 2005 16:21:17 -0700

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

>>  * remctl backend for delegated volume creation, deletion, release, and
>>    quota changes.

> Cleaned up or not, if I can have a copy, there's a good chance the
> grand.central.org cell will end up running it.  I need a way to give
> gatekeepers and some others the ability to create and release volumes to
> do OpenAFS releases, and _our_ local tool is _way_ too heavyweight to
> reproduce for this.

I've sent Jeffrey a separate copy of the raw stuff, which currently has
some annoying dependencies that aren't really what I want in the long run.
(And counted this as one vote for that stuff.)

>>  * Reporting software that gathers the list of AFS clients that have been
>>    seen by the file servers regularly and then generates reports for
>>    both the number of clients (by IP address block) seen in the past month
>>    and a simple report suitable for a web page showing the number of
>>    current connections to all of the file servers.  For an example of the
>>    latter, see <http://afs.stanford.edu/sysadmin/cellinfo/clients.html>.

> Pretty, but needs graphs.

Yeah, my plan is to toss it into rrdtool and use that to generate graphs,
but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

> BTW, what tool are you using to generate the images for your disk usage
> page?

The Perl GD module.