[OpenAFS] Tell me what additional AFS tool to release

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 24 May 2005 15:52:03 -0400

On Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:49:00 AM -0700 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>
wrote:

>  * remctl backend for delegated volume creation, deletion, release, and
>    quota changes.

Cleaned up or not, if I can have a copy, there's a good chance the
grand.central.org cell will end up running it.  I need a way to give
gatekeepers and some others the ability to create and release volumes to do
OpenAFS releases, and _our_ local tool is _way_ too heavyweight to
reproduce for this.

>  * Reporting software that gathers the list of AFS clients that have been
>    seen by the file servers regularly and then generates reports for
>    both the number of clients (by IP address block) seen in the past month
>    and a simple report suitable for a web page showing the number of
>    current connections to all of the file servers.  For an example of the
>    latter, see <http://afs.stanford.edu/sysadmin/cellinfo/clients.html>.

Pretty, but needs graphs.  BTW, what tool are you using to generate the
images for your disk usage page?

-- Jeff