[OpenAFS] Disk cache on root filesystem / unclean shutdown

Stefaan stefaan.deroeck@gmail.com
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:55:33 +0200

> I don't think there is any connection between these events.  Well, at
> least I don't think afs can be blamed for frying your libs.

I'm asking mainly because I'm packaging this for gentoo, and putting a
disk cache on /var/cache/openafs is the default.  Wouldn't want to fry
other people's rootfs en mass :)

> > Running openafs-latest, I think was 1.3.86 when I started seeing the
> > problems (date was 1st of august).  Rootfs is ext3, kernel is
> > linux-2.6.13-gentoo.
>=20
> You ran a fs check?

I did after I started loosing my libraries.  I've read that you
shouldn't run fsck on a /vicepx, but I guess this was only for the
namei-fileserver (right?, as opposed to the inode-one where I suppose
you can run fsck) and also not for the cache?  Is there any up-to-date
documentation on this?

Thanks,
Stefaan