[OpenAFS] Disk cache on root filesystem / unclean shutdown

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:44:19 -0500

Hi,

Thus spake Stefaan (stefaan.deroeck@gmail.com):
> I'm asking mainly because I'm packaging this for gentoo, and putting a
> disk cache on /var/cache/openafs is the default.

Uuuh.  While it _is_ possible to have the cache on a partition which is
also used for other stuff (I'm currently doing that on my laptop), the
afs client believes what you tell it in cacheinfo.  If you grant it 150
megabyte, it will try to use it, and if there is less space available,
the cache manager will be Unhappy[tm].  Since this might not be clear to
the user ...

   Hendrik

--
Consistency: Every time you release an apple over Sir Isaac Newton,
it will drop on his head. That's good.