[OpenAFS] Trouble compiling 1.4rc4 SRPM

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:12:09 -0400 (EDT)

>> Ah.  Ummm .... that's probably there because we had a dependency on linking
>> all Kerberos programs with -lresolv because we used the DNS code before it
>> made it into the mainline MIT tree.  But since various bits of the kit
>> are making it into other packages, I've stopped caring about making the
>> migration kit work better.
>
> Okay, so it's probably safe to just remove this check..  At least on
> Linux..  Got it.

Yes, that's what I did to get afs-krb5 building. I eventually figured out
that Ken must have put it there to deal with old versions of Kerberos,
etc.

This is the patch I put in my openafs RPMs:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.4.0-rc1/SOURCES/afs-krb5-2.0-res_search.patch

There are also a number of other patches to afs-krb5 I've accumulated in:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.4.0-rc1/SOURCES/

Most are build fixes or other minor stuff. One thing that might be of
interest to people is this fix to afs2k5db that preserves the meaning of
'NOTGS' in the kaserver database, preserves the last-password-change
timestamp, and gets the timestamp correct for principals with no
expiration date:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.4.0-rc1/SOURCES/afs-krb5-2.0-betterka2dump.patch

-Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu