[OpenAFS] Trouble compiling 1.4rc4 SRPM

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:27:28 -0400 (EDT)

>> There are also a number of other patches to afs-krb5 I've accumulated in:
>
> I've grabbed some that I consider relevant.  I didn't grab all of them.  I
> tried
> to ignore the UMich-specific stuff, and as I don't build/install afs2k5db I
> just ignored that set completely.

Sure. Most are build fixes from my experience getting it to compile on
Linux and/or Solaris.

I included afs2k5db and fakeka, so that people could test out a server
with less effort. (I put them in a separate 'openafs-server-krb5' package,
though).

Some people have asked to include 'asetkey' in the OpenAFS source, but I
think this is unnecessary- can't you do the same thing with 'klist -K' and
'bos addkey'? (though you'd have to convert hex to octal)

> As for the rest...  I only applied patches when I seemed to have a problem
> with
> the build.

Are you planning on creating/maintaining 'official' OpenAFS 1.4.x RPMs for
RHEL 4?

Thanks,
Chris