[OpenAFS] OpenAFS API / Documentation?

Kirk Patton kpatton@transmeta.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:25:43 -0800

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:15:10PM -0600, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> Kirk Patton wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am working on a small C program that needs to klog on behalf of a user.
> >We are running Sun Grid Engine and AFS.  In order for a SGE job to access
> >AFS space, SGE needs to be able to switch to the users ID and authenticate
> >to AFS.
>
> You did not say what the trust relationships are between the user, the SGE
> and AFS.  AFS requires some user credential to get obtain an AFS token.

I am caching the users password to an encrypted file that only my C program will
be able to decrypt.  SGE would call my program which would decrypt the file and
then authenticate using the users password.

If that sounds like a strange way to accomplish the task, I am open to other methods.

Thanks,
Kirk

--
Kirk Patton