[OpenAFS] OpenAFS API / Documentation?

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 08 Dec 2006 13:15:10 -0600

Kirk Patton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a small C program that needs to klog on behalf of a user.
> We are running Sun Grid Engine and AFS.  In order for a SGE job to access
> AFS space, SGE needs to be able to switch to the users ID and authenticate
> to AFS.

You did not say what the trust relationships are between the user, the SGE
and AFS.  AFS requires some user credential to get obtain an AFS token.

This could be a delegated Krb5 ticket, a grid proxy cert or even a password.
What user credentials are available to the SGE to use to get the token?
(I assume you are trying to get AFS tokens for the user, and not the SGE itself.)

If the SGE is completely trusted by AFS to have authenticated the user,
you could even get an AFS token without a delegated credential.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory