[OpenAFS] OpenAFS vice partitions on ZFS

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 12:11:03 -0600

I'm setting up a new production fileserver, and I'm considering using ZFS
with RAID-Z on it.  There was some talk a while back about running the
vice partitions on ZFS, but I don't see any conclusive answers in the list
archives.  I also saw some stuff about some bug that was listed on the
devel list, but I didn't see anything more about if it'd been resolved or
not.

I was just wondering if any consensus had been reached about running on
ZFS in production.  I know I need to use namei for it, and I certainly
plan to do a lot of testing before I put production data on it.

Oh, the system I'd be using it on is running Sparc Solaris 10 01/06, but
with patches that installed ZFS.

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Sebby  (sebby@anl.gov)  |  Unix and Operation Services
Phone: +1 630.252.9935        |  Computing and Information Systems