[OpenAFS] OpenAFS vice partitions on ZFS

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 15:06:28 -0500

I've done it, as far as data integrity goes, it's just fine.

However, I don't know if they've fixed the zfs fsync() bug --
meaning, unless you're running an AFS fileserver & volserver that
have ben cleansed of fsync, your performance will be abysmal.  With a
capital "bad", on the order of unusable.

You should also do some benchmarking to see if tuning the ZFS
recordsize has any positive (or negative) effect...   Haven't had a
chance to do this yet, but my spidey senses think it might.

-rob