[OpenAFS] AFS and libtool

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 14:39:33 -0500

On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:34 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Juha J=E4ykk=E4 <juolja@utu.fi> writes:
>
>> I ran into problems building things that use libtool on afs, little
>> googling produced this:
>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libtool/2002-12/msg00017.html
>
>> Does anyone know if they have since fixed this or why it is still =20
>> broken?
>
> I've never encountered that problem, even back when it was =20
> supposedly an
> issue.  I'm not sure under what circumstances it triggered, but they
> didn't appear to be common.

I've had it happen but don't know the exact circumstances when =20
libtool decides to do a cross-directory lock.  Since our build stuff =20
handles such things itself, I just configure things with --disable-=20
libtool-lock.

--=20
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      =20
allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator  [openafs,heimdal,too many hats]  =20
allbery@ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university      =20
KF8NH