[OpenAFS] Evaluating AFS for in house use, RFCs...

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:08:31 +0100

On Feb 3, 2006, at 1:30 AM, ted creedon wrote:
> Forget Samba. AFS is better and more secure and more hack proof.

Now that's a nice statement for an AFS list ;-)

BTW, I think the benefit of having that Samba solution is that you
don't have to make changes to the clients.
I wouldn't be happy to travel to 30+ offices across the world (or
wherever) to install the AFS client, even if I'd be totally convinced
that it's the 'better' solution.

... and, Samba and AFS are as secure or unsecure as the admins make
it. The question is how much work you would have to do, to make it
secure, but that's completely beyond the point.

Horst