[OpenAFS] Tiger rc6 aklog and alternate service name

Enrico M. V. Fasanelli Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli@le.infn.it
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:24:24 +0100

--------------090804050705030504050202

Sorry!

it was a bad-configured /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos (or better
my misunderstanding on the priority between the DNS lookup of KDC and
the hardcoded one in the [realms] stanza)

I corrected it (removed the hardcoded KDC definition) and all works fine.

Thanks for the hint.

Ciao,
	Enrico

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Enrico M. V. Fasanelli wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just installed 1.4.1-rc6 on my Tiger (10.4.4 on PowerPC PowerBook) and
>> tried to get my AFS token using aklog. The result is:
>>
>>    pathfinder:~ enrico$ aklog -d
>>    Authenticating to cell le.infn.it (server afs01.le.infn.it).
>>    We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm LE.INFN.IT.
>>    Getting tickets: afs/le.infn.it@LE.INFN.IT
>>    Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328324
>>    aklog: Couldn't get le.infn.it AFS tickets:
>>    aklog: Generic error (see e-text) while getting AFS tickets
>
> The KDC is returning a generic error not principal not found.
> Therefore, the aklog expects the KDC is simply broken and does not
> try a different principal name.
>
> If you can examine the exchange in a network monitor or review
> the KDC logs, what is the error text in the KRB-ERROR response?
>
> Jeffrey Altman

--------------090804050705030504050202

begin:vcard
fn:Enrico M. V. Fasanelli
n:Fasanelli;Enrico M. V.
org:I.N.F.N. - Sezione di Lecce;Servizio Calcolo & Reti
adr:Via Provinciale Lecce-Arnesano;;c/o Dipartimento di Fisica;Lecce;LE;73100;Italia
email;internet:Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli@le.infn.it
tel;work:+39 0832 29 7442
tel;fax:+39 0832 29 7442
x-mozilla-html:FALSE