[OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Kerb5

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:42:30 -0900

There's a syntax change in Ken's writeup:

des-cbc-crc should be des-cbc-crc:normal

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Ken Hornstein
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:28 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Kerb5

>I'm a little confused as to the current state of the world.
>
>I'm not expecting any long answers.  Grunts will do.
>I can dig further on my own after the grunts :)
>
>Kerb5 with OpenAFS: Is "The Migration Kit" necessary?

No (except maybe you should read the documentation if you want to understand
what's going on).  At least with 1.4.0, it includes aklog, and 1.4.1
includes
asetkey which is all you need; technically you can get away without
including
asetkey, but it makes things a bit easier.

>Kerb5 with OpenAFS: Build MIT dist with "fakeka"?  It
>                     wants kerb4 headers...  I don't
>                     care about kerb4 whatsoever unless
>                     it's needed for OpenAFS.

But MIT _does_ come with v4 headers, so that shouldn't be an issue.
If you want klog to work, you need fakeka.  If you don't care about
klog and are just using aklog or an equivalant, then you don't need it.

--Ken