[OpenAFS] /usr/sbin/afsd --impatient

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:42:58 -0500

>The gatekeepers have an open channel to Apple on AFS but we really
>need issues to be filed via the Apple Sales staff.  Other organizations
>have gotten Apple's attention by refusing to order new equipment with
>Tiger installed until an OpenAFS stable release is available.   I'm not
>suggesting you do the same; I'm only pointing out that the sales staff
>can be motivated to serve your needs.

Well ... I'm willing to try to do my part, but is it possible to "close
the loop" ... in other words, if a sales droid tells me that they "did
something", can someone verify that in fact they _did_ do something
meaningful?

>If that does not work for you, as a developer you can also file bug
>reports via ADC.  If you are going to do so, please file a bug report
>at openafs-bugs@openafs.org including the ADC Bug Reference number.

I'm willing to do that as well ... but my experience has shown me
REPEATEDLY that Apple basically makes one halfhearted attempt to
resolve a bug report files that way, and then ignores it.  Happened to
me twice.  These weren't OpenAFS issues, but I can't imagine that the
experience in filing bug reports dealing with third-party software
is going to be any better.

--Ken