[OpenAFS] /usr/sbin/afsd --impatient

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:43:35 -0500

>I have informed Apple campus reps at UIUC that we needed OpenAFS to work
>before we (being one very small portion of UIUC) could deploy Tiger.
>They responded and said they were aware of the issues and are actively
>working on them.  So its not that campus-level requests are being
>ignored.

I am quite willing to believe the problem is at the Apple Federal
layer.  Again, I don't mind doing the work to push it to their layer
... I was just hoping to get confirmation that they sent it to the
right people.  The answers I got back were a sort of, "Oh, well, I
guess we'll notify the development team".  Hearing back, "Yes, we know
it's a problem and we're working on it", is a LOT different.

--Ken