reply Re: [OpenAFS] /usr/sbin/afsd --impatient

Ernest Prabhakar prabhaka@apple.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:50:44 -0800

Hi all,

This is Ernie Prabhakar, the Open Source Product Manager at Apple.
I've just joined this list, but I have been following the thread, and
I want to affirm everything Jeffrey said:

a) We definitely want to help the AFS gatekeepers succeed, and talk
to them on a regular basis

b) ADC bug reports *do* make a difference.  Even if all you get back
is a notice that your request is a duplicate, the volume of
duplicates is a *major* factor in identifying which bugs/feature
requests to prioritize

http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/

c) I realize not all of you may have direct contact with your local
Apple Sales rep; but to the extent you do, the more you can help them
realize the importance of OpenAFS vs. all the other things people ask
about, the higher the quality of the information that gets fed back
to me.

d) If any of you are attending WWDC, I'll be happy to setup an AFS
roundtable so that those who are interested can share their needs and
concerns with those who can do something about it.

I may not have time to reply to all your requests personally, but I
do want to thank Jeffrey, Derrick, Chak, and the others for all their
hard work on OpenAFS, and let you know that we *are* paying attention.

Sincerely,
Ernest Prabhakar
Mac OS X Product Marketing, Apple