[OpenAFS] Re: /usr/sbin/afsd --impatient

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:51:44 -0600

Adam Megacz <megacz@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> writes:
>> If there are things you would like Apple to do in order to make AFS
>> work better on their operating system, find your campus Apple sales
>> representative and tell them.  It is the only way that things will
>> get better.
>
> From the perspective of the People Making The Decisions, this is a
> problem with AFS, not a problem with Mac OS X.  You know that's wrong,
> I know that's wrong, but we cannot change it.

You could simply revert to Mac OS 10.3.  Or are you on 10.3?

There is no released client for Tiger, so really end users should expect
to do some level of debugging when using "release candidate" software.

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin