[OpenAFS] ext_svrtab?

Pucky Loucks ploucks@h2st.com
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:14:16 -0800

Hi Brandon,

how do I extract the service key from kadmin so that I can add it to
AFS?  The only documentation that I could find is so old, that I'm
kind of lost.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr/shadow/www/afs/afs-with-
kerberos.html

What I'm trying to do is replace kaserver with MIT Kerberos. Do you
know of more up to date info on this topic?  I also have the book
Managing AFS and all it has are 5 points on how to do it.

1)stop kaserver
2) create principal called afs
3) use ext_srvtab to extract the AFS service key
4) use asetkey to install this extracted service into AFS's keyfile
5) put the MIT kerberos REALM name into the afs configuration file /
usr/afs/etc/krb.conf

That's it, but I'm not having any luck with step 3.

any help would be great.

Pucky