[OpenAFS] ext_svrtab?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:58:46 -0500

Pucky Loucks <ploucks@h2st.com> writes:

> Well I've got everything going except the last part of afs2k5db
>
> I downloaded the afs migration kit from NCSA and found the source for
> it but I'm having an issue compiling it.  is there an rpm that
> includes this tool for RHEL 3.0?
>
> Cheers,
> Pucky

No.  I don't build afs2k5db because, well, it doesn't build easily.
It's used to convert a KAServer to Krb5 DB...  If you're setting
up a new cell then you just create your afs/cell@REALM key in the
krb5 db, use kadmin's 'ktutil add' to extract it into a keytab,
and then use asetkey to push the keytab into the KeyFile.  Then you
scp the KeyFile to all your AFS servers.

-derek