[OpenAFS] token loss?

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:01:07 -0600

Revisiting this thread:

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 09:53:08AM -0600, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> >Nope, they are definitely synced up.  Does anyone have any ideas how
> >I can dig into this further?  Right now backups are non-functional
> >because of it.
>
> Are PAGs being used in all cases?
>
> Was some deamon restarted under a PAG, and now is using the same PAG for
> all the processes it startes?
>
> Does some script have a unlog command in it?

I've been observing this for several months now.  The token loss almost
always corresponds with a period of high fileserver load.  For example,
moving several ripped CDs to the fileserver while playing another one.
Or when several machines launch their scheduled backup scripts at the
same time.  No, there is nothing running 'unlog'.  I can keep the token
around for weeks if I don't bother the fileserver too much.  A simple
'aklog' gets the token again, but any AFS operation that was going on
aborts due to the lack of tokens.  I have a cornucopia of Linux 2.6
versions, but the fileserver and clients are all OpenAFS 1.4.0.

--
Ryan Underwood