[OpenAFS] Integrated Login on AIX 5.3

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:34:06 +0100

On Friday 17 February 2006 15:44, Jay Compton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently running the latest stable build of OpenAFS (1.4.0) on AIX
> 5.3, maintenance level 3. The afsd daemon starts up and runs fine, but I
> can't get integrated login working. I have setup the /etc/security files as
> the documentation suggests to no avail thus far. I was wondering if anyone
> had successfully setup logins using AIX's default authentication grammar or
> through PAM, which I am trying to look into as well.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

It should work with the following configuration, TRANSARC paths assumed:

/usr/lib/security/methods.cfg:

AFS:
        program = /usr/vice/etc/afs_dynamic_auth
        options = authonly

For a user to be authenticated by AFS define in the /etc/security/users file

SYSTEM=AFS
registry=files

in the user stanza.

This worked for me with AIX 5.3 ML01. Under AIX5.3 ML03 commands wich convert
uid to name segfault. I have opened a bugreport on this.

Example: "ls somedir"  works, "ls -l somedir"  segfaults.
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG
Tel.: +49 761/203-4652