[OpenAFS] Re: Enquiry about Linux rpms needed to install OpenAFS on Redhat3.0

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:44:36 -0500

Amrish <amrishsh@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have downloaded the rpms. But the question is there seems to be a mismatch
> between the documentation on openafs site since that talks about copying kernel
> modules and startup script from the CD which does not exist as we are installing
> the rpms.
> So how do we get the kernel modules and the script? Any ideas?
> Has anyone installed on RHEL3.0 Update6 with working rpms and a correct
> documentation which they can share with?

Just install the RPMs.. They provide everything you need.
The kernel modules are in the openafs-kernel* RPMS
The startup scripts are in the openafs-client and openafs-server RPMS.

-derek