[OpenAFS] vos dump based backup scripts

Brian Sebby sebby@anl.gov
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:20:46 -0600

I don't have any scripts myself, but if anyone has any, I would be interested
in seeing them as well.

We're currently using Veritas NetBackup to back up AFS, but we are migrating
to another backup system (mostly due to Veritas's high license costs).  From
talking to the Veritas guys, they are no longer officially supporting AFS
backups.  They did say that it will continue to work as long as the AFS folks
don't change things - and it does back up our OpenAFS cell.  I suspect that
all it's doing is a vos dump / vos restore under the covers.

Brian