[OpenAFS] vos dump based backup scripts

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:50:09 -0500

it's not that much work to recreate from scratch, but does anyone have
a simple set of "vos dump" based backup scripts they can share?

my goal is to vos dump all backups to local disk, and then send them
to tape with veritas netbackup.  I didn't buy the veritas afs module
because they explicitly only support IBM AFS and it was unclear if it
still worked with openafs.   Also, of course, for the volume of data
i've got, this should be plenty good enough.  I can easily devote
enough disk to hold a full set of vos dumps.

thanks

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office        734/834-7224 mobile