[OpenAFS] FAM and OpenAFS

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:13:33 -0500

In message <20060225001056.673b4705@alnitak.stiff.utu.fi>,Juha =?ISO-8859-15?B?SuR5a2vk?= writes:
>I do not know *what* famd is complaining about (the error message above is
>not very informative), but I will certainly not use memcache. I would very

use 'strace -p <pid of famd>' and see what famd is doing.  this might
be helpful.  if that is not helpful, i would suggest running 'fstrace
setset', wait about 15-20 seconds, and then run 'fstrace dump'  (some
installs dont have fstrace or the afszcm.cat file which you will need).
save the output from fstrace dump somewhere.

i only suggest memcache since i thought famd might be a bit confused
with the activity from the afs disk cache.  btw, can you tell us a bit
more about your afs client configuration?

>memcache gave me oopses earlier and until someone claims it actually
>works, I will not even try. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway!

its been improved quite a bit.  i run it regularly--my home dir
is in afs.