[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #2803 - 9 msgs

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:40:32 -0500

Steve Ostrove <ostrove@umbc.edu> writes:

> Derek,
>
> Yeah, the current README in the RPMS for 1.4.0 still refers to afsmodname.

Well, darn -- I need to fix that!

> My question is... since there's no more afsmodname.. how does one
> install the openafs-kernel module?

Well, the preferred method is to build an openafs-kernel-* rpm for
your particular kernel.   Failing that, you should just copy the
openafs.ko to /lib/modules/`uname -r`

> Yes, I'm a newbie in linux and I've built the module, but can't quite
> figure out what to do next.  So I have my libafs-2.4.21-37.EL.o,
> what next???

Hmm, I thought it would be openafs.o..  But maybe that's only in the
build tree?  I haven't really played with the openafs-kernel-source
much.

> Any and all pointers appreciated.

generally you just use 'rpmbuild' to build a kernel module rpm..
run "rpmbuild -ip openafs.src.rpm" for more info.

> Thanks in advance.

-derek