[OpenAFS] Fedora core 4 on ppc

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:57:18 -0500

Please keep this on the list...

"Peter M. Metcalf" <pmetcalf@nd.edu> writes:

> Hi Derek,
> I did the following to "openafs-1.4.0-fc4.1.src.rpm "
>
> # rpm -ivh openafs-1.4.0-fc4.1.src.rpm
>
> # cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

You generally don't need to do these steps, unless you need to modify
anything in the files..

> # rpmbuild -ba openafs.spec
>
> Result:
> error: Architecture is not included: ppc

Ahh, yea, I see the problem.  openafs.spec says:

ExclusiveArch: %{ix86} x86_64 ia64

Try adding "ppc" to that line and then try building it again.
You probably don't need the --target=ppc -- but you might need
to tell it whether to build userspace and modules.  I don't
have a Linux/PPC to test on, and I have no idea how the kernels
are laid out.  I suspect it's closer to x86_64 than x86, where
you generally want to build both user and kernel at the same time..
The spec will need to be modified for that, too.

> Then tried:
> # rpmbuild -ba --target=ppc openafs.spec
>
> Result:
> Building target platforms: ppc
> Building for target ppc
> error:  Architecture is not included: ppc

Yea, no need to do this.

Good Luck,  I hope I've helped.

-derek