[OpenAFS] home on afs woes

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:37:52 -0800

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> Those tools are deprecated, and IMHO a pagsh.krb5 would be
> inappropriate, unless we plan on shipping a complete suite of tools that
> manage krb5 tickets, as we did for krb4.

The problem is, pagsh.krb5 is a program that should alter both AFS and
Kerberos state.  The Kerberos folks don't want it because of the AFS build
dependency, and the AFS folks don't want it because AFS doesn't manage
Kerberos ticket caches.  *heh*.  I suppose one could just write it as a
separate utility that's distributed as its own package.