[OpenAFS] installing OpenAFS-client on Ubuntu

Ryan Propper rpropper@stanford.edu
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:57:34 -0800

--=====================_496663328==.ALT

Hi all,

I was trying to install the OpenAFS client on an Ubuntu 5.10/Breezy
Badger laptop today, according to the directions at
http://www.equivalentsystems.net/marten/ubuntuafs.php.  Specifically:

     sudo apt-get install module-assistant
     sudo module-assistant prepare openafs-modules
     sudo module-assistant auto-build openafs-modules
     sudo dpkg -i /usr/src/openafs-modules*
     sudo apt-get install openafs-client openafs-krb5 krb5-user krb4-config

Unfortunately, when I finished editing my site-specific configuration
files and tried to start the client, I got:

     Starting AFS services:FATAL: Error inserting openafs
(/lib/modules/2.6.12-10-386/fs/openafs.ko): Invalid module format

Why is my module format "invalid" if I just built it from
source?  Does anyone know how to resolve this?  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

<http://www.stanford.edu/~rpropper>Ryan Propper
Stanford University
Department of Computer Science
Class of 2007
--=====================_496663328==.ALT

Hi all,<br><br>
I was trying to install the OpenAFS client on an Ubuntu 5.10/Breezy
Badger laptop today, according to the directions at
http://www.equivalentsystems.net/marten/ubuntuafs.php</a>.&nbsp;
Specifically:<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sudo apt-get install module-assistant<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sudo module-assistant prepare openafs-modules<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sudo module-assistant auto-build openafs-modules<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sudo dpkg -i /usr/src/openafs-modules*<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sudo apt-get install openafs-client openafs-krb5
krb5-user krb4-config<br><br>
Unfortunately, when I finished editing my site-specific configuration
files and tried to start the client, I got:<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Starting AFS services:FATAL: Error inserting openafs
(/lib/modules/2.6.12-10-386/fs/openafs.ko): Invalid module
format<br><br>
Why is my module format &quot;invalid&quot; if I just built it from
source?&nbsp; Does anyone know how to resolve this?&nbsp; Any help is
greatly appreciated.<br><br>
Thanks!<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Propper</a><br>